Milestone Project

 Objectified Response

Taking it back to our first assignment woooooo! Anyway, looking back on this I honestly feel disappointed in this work. It's very plain and while I did do that to keep it looking clean and minimalist, I feel like compared to other works it was just so safe and boring. I was inspired by the one from the video of course, and my previous student works. I wanted to do it in my own way with my own style. Mainly, just not happy with this work and I think it could've been done way better.


Mesh Mashup
For mesh mashup i had a lot of fun in the first stage coming up with all these weird ideas ad trying to make up storylines for my works. The object I originally went with was my rubber ducky, but I think as we can see from the disgusting mess that is the second stage, I rightfully changed my mind and made something much more well put together. I think the process of going through the stages a second time allowed me to learn from my mistakes and to understand the software better. My inspiration mainly was playing around with play on words and how I could make them into a whole concept. A friend had suggested I add the huge crab to really tie it all together.






Papercraft Object
This was by far my favorite assignment, as I feel like I'm a bit more of a hands on person when it comes to art. I had never done 3d modelling before this class so it was nice to actually have the work physically in front of me again. My inspiration came from the game Five Night's at Freddy's and I decided to do the character Bonnie. I enjoyed getting to go back in through the weeks and really refine this work as comparing the first design to the last? Big difference in my eyes. I definitely struggled with gluing it all together the first time, but with adjustments the second time around it was way easier.



Hybrid 3D Model

For our final I enjoyed getting to bounce off ideas with another student and I feel like I got lucky getting a partner who was so open minded and more laid back with ideas. I liked our concepts and how the object sort of evolved and took on a shape of its own. The only struggles in this assignment was in making sure it would print properly, and they were easy fixes.





Overall, I learned a lot from this class and will probably apply certain methods or materials to more of my art in general. This class was really fun even though I struggled a fair amount at the beginning.









Comments