Papercraft: Final Revision

 For this week we worked on our final version of our papercraft object. After feedback from the class, I (naturally) decided to redesign Bonnie all over again. I felt that there were lots of things to be improved upon and that overall my design didn't look like Bonnie all that much. So, I directly referenced a photo of Bonnie and drew out a flat version of my final design. 

I then inserted this image into rhino to reference while making the new concept. Sadly, a few of the details i wanted to add didn't work out so I didn't add an indentation to the mouth, and I couldn't find a material that I felt was good enough to create the eyes that I wanted. 

Overall, i was satisfied with the new design, as I simplified it a lot, but I think all the changes made work better and look cleaner than the last.



The process this time around was much easier thanks to having sturdier paper, larger tabs, and less pieces. I actually had a lot of fun making this and seeing the final result is very gratifying.



I took various photos and played around with lighting a bit as I wanted it to be somewhat creepy, but I also included a photo in bright daylight so that all the detail work can be seen. I shaded the paper with coloured conte as I wanted this Bonnie to look broken and rusted. I also cut it up a little bit to further the effect. Sadly, since one ear is "broken", Bonnie can't stand on their own. Thankfully, it is part of the concept so having Bonnie's head on its side honestly looks better than it does standing upright. All in all I'm happy with this finished product and I might even make the other FNAF character heads, but probably much, much smaller.





Comments