Mesh Mashup: Refinement

 For this week we chose 1 out of our past 10 objects and refined it. Thanks to feedback from classmates, I decided to go with my little duck police officer. Feedback from peers gave me a whole new concept idea for the work, and helped me fix some details. Most feedback was that the pig snout was somewhat unclear and was hard to recognize what it was. So I tried to alter how the objects were arranged together. 

ADAB was refined into a much larger scene to represent police brutality in a slightly more digestible way. I added multiple duck characters to this scene, with out main protestor who stands in a face off with a wall of police ducks. Most of my feedback was on clarity and to make sure that my message would get across well, so I tried to make sure that even small details were noticeable. I also wanted the style of the piece to seem somewhat cartoon like, so with my colouring I used very bright colours and added high contrast highlight and shading.

So for my take of remix culture I wanted to take an object that is considered to be for children, and place it into a narrative that children are usually not educated about. So to combine opposing ideas and find a way for them to meet in the middle. Knowing that police rubber ducks already exist, I tried to make my concept original in its own slight way. Giving the police officers pig noses, and riot shields to really drive home the meaning behind the work. 









 

Comments